Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sundaes on Wednesday & 105 Minutes of Confidence

Last night we celebrated the 6th birthday of Hunter; little dude will be living it up at the beach for the actual day.  So we did it up with make-your-own sundaes, loads of presents and lots of fun.   The big hit gifts ended up being Wii MLB Power Pros and this sweet drum set.  Clearly this kid was born to rock!



And then there was tonight's run --- more fun!  Ended up being just the confidence boost I needed.   Schedule called for 12 miles and although my legs weren't 100% from Tuesday's tempo run I went out strong and surged a bit from time to time to really put myself to the test. I needed to pull out a decent run on tired legs, feeling it would be a great simulation to those late marathon miles.   Got 'er done in 1:45:16 (8:46/mile) - must have been the caramel on that sundae  :-)

5 comments:

Jen said...

So caramel is the secret? Good to know! What a cutie! God bless his parents with those drums, lol!

KP said...

My best friend's oldest (he just turned 5) is very musically inclined and Tonya and I discovered this summer that he has a drum set just like that one...and he's not bad, but yeah, god bless his parents.

Maria said...

I think Hunter's older brother may object more to the drums than even mommy or his 4 mos. old bro. Eeks!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Nice pace on the 12 miles! That is a great confidence boost! I did a 10:06 pace on my 10+ miles this morning. My heartrate said I should have gone even slower.

Craver said...

I clicked on your blog from Sage's because I loved the title - and lookie who it is.. :)
Hey YOU!
I knew it was you as soon as I saw the cupcakes too. I made your pink lemonade cupcakes like three times this summer, because I made the once and word got out.

Happy to see you, happy to see kicking some running butt.

And Sundaes on Wednesday sounds awesome.

Run on, girl!
JC