Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's on like Donkey Kong!!!

Pfitz served me up the first of my track workouts for this round of marathon training and it could not have gone better! Run was a VO2 max: 8 miles with 5 x 600 @5K pace w/90 secs. of jogging in between intervals. I haven't run a 5K in some time so I went with something close to what I last ran with 22:00 or a 7:04 pace. That makes for 600m intervals at 2:38.

I ran up to the Riverbank State Park along the Hudson and thus was plenty warmed up when I hit the track. Here's how it looked:

5.3 miles warm-up in 43:59 - that felt geeeeeeereat!
600m: 2:20 / 90 secs. jog
600m: 2:28 / 90 secs. jog
600m: 2:26 / 90 secs. jog
600m: 2:22 / 90 secs. jog
600m: 2:23 / 90 secs. jog
1+ miles cool down in 10:00ish (watch freaked for a sec)

FANTASTIC!

So that saying, it's on like Donkey Kong... here's what my buds @Urban Dictionary provide in ways of examples.

Rob would close down his Arcade for the night he would grab a Colt 45 Tall Can slam it and scream its on like Donkey Kong. He would then proceed to go out and get wasted and try to get laid.

or

its on like Donkey Kong, beee-atch!

but the one that really makes me laugh

Yo dog, I just hooked up like 2 kegs and got all the honies from Alpha Epsilon Omega to come to the party you gotta check this shit there is like 4 girls to every 1 guy!

Snap, Its on like donkey kong!

My intended meaning: a phrase used to incite fear in an opponent, so much more than simply 'it's on', the inclusion of primate legend Donkey Kong stems from DK's penchant for victory.

Where the opponent is me and only me.