Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Smiles along a run

There's this gorgeous slice of a community garden at the northern-most point of Battery Park City and every time I pass it I smile. The little signage throughout cracks me up and makes me feel all warm & fuzzy - at the same time. I've been meaning to capture the images there for awhile now but I never seem to remember to bring my camera or phone with me on a run. Tonight seemed like a good opportunity; packed up my iPhone in the ole SPI belt and I was off. 11 solid and smooth miles in 1:37 with a quick stop in the garden just northwest of the World Financial Center.


















As you can see, there are some rules but they're pretty simple to follow. What I'm dying to know is if The Bionical Bed possesses some super powers??? LOL

5 comments:

Theia said...

Those signs are so sweet and innocent!

sage said...

My little boy would have LOVED the bionical bed about 10 years ago. I still have a box of those things somewhere...

spibelt, hey? I might have to look into one of those.

Maria said...

Sage, the SPI belt is awesome! Larry and Heather have one too. It stretches to fit a phone and a ton of gels or shot blocks or whatever and it stays in place while running.

librarianchick said...

I'm mostfound of "NO CATS ALOUD...NO DOGS ALOUD"

sauconRunner said...

Those were great!

The bionical plants sound like something I might have eaten at a Dead show!