Thursday, March 26, 2009

Moving right along

Movin' right along in search of good times and good news,
With good friends you can't lose,
This could become a habit!
Opportunity knocks once let's reach out and grab it (yeah!),

Together we'll nab it,
We'll hitchhike, bus or yellow cab it!
(Cab it?)

Go on, sing along if you're feeling it. Nothing like getting a Muppet song stuck in your noggin' first thing in the morn. That's right peeps, *first* thing this morning, while out running.

WOOT!

For the second time this week I hauled my carcass out and got a very nice 7 miler done before heading out to the office. The weather was a delicious mild this morning, 41* but with a decent amount of humidity kicking and the gentlest of breezes. And although it forced me to strip down a layer after a couple miles it also felt incredibly refreshing.


Since Monday I also made it to the pool for my standard 1512 yds of laps (Sarah - it's a whack sized pool - 18 yds ...yes, the math makes my head wanna asplode), including longer sprint intervals and am planning to head back tonight for at least a mile's worth of work. I also got in a much needed session at Kula last night. Two of my favorite focuses in the class were variations to lunge poses, this one in particular where you rest on your forearms and eventually come back to your hands while tucking your shoulder under your thigh. It's a pose made for runners! Especially those with illin' hamstrings and/or butt(s).



We also spent time with crow again where I chose to specifically focus on coming out of crow into another pose. The variations are great to where you can head out of this pose... everything from a seated position to a handstand to a plank or cobra pose. I started working on getting into plank from crow - jury is still out on how pretty or flowing this looks so I'll continue to practice.

Movin' right along,
Movin' right along,
Movin' right along,
Movin' right along

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Yeah for the early morning workouts! Way to go!

Doctor Err said...

damn. that's a serious move. we just did the one where you put your leg in front of you (like bent and parallel to you) and the other straight out. then you bend over yourself.
as i was feeling my butt and hips stretch out i thought..."why the hell didn't they do this with me in physical therapy???"