Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hold me accountable

Time is precious, we all know that. And with work taking up extra time & effort as of late I need to make better use of those hours I'm not in the office. In particular those hours I probably won't ever be in the office -- you know what I'm talking about, those wee early morning hours. The projects I'm working on now will only grow in size and involvement and I don't want my running to become even more unpredictable than it is today. And so it is that I ask you, my friends, for some help. Hold me accountable. I would like to shoot for two weekday a.m. runs per week to start with and we'll go from there. With only tomorrow remaining this week, I'll shoot for a single a.m. run until next week.



Looking forward to seeing more of this action

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Maria - you know I am a big believer in early morning runs. I used to do 2. Then 3. Now I'm up to 4 work days a week at 4:30 a.m. It gets easier and easier to get up early. And I always feel SO good to get the runs out of the way. Then if work, family, happy hour, or whatever pops up, I already have my workout done!

I have also found that I save time because I don't spend the 20 minutes driving to the club and showering on my lunch hour.

You want an early morning text message sent to you??! I'm up at about 4:25 central. Let me know!

solarpowered said...

I LOVE early morning workouts. I haven't been doing them as much lately because of mileage and work timing, but I'll be doing them more now that softball season has started. On a.m. workout days I'm up anytime after 4:15am (I just can't start earlier than that) -- days I don't work out I'm up by 5:30am -- so I can send wake-up texts, too! :D You know Cindi and I are all over this! :D

Sparky said...

When I started running I was all about the early morning runs - since my life has changed so much since then, I now run all over the, er, clock. I do love it when I can get in a morning run, especially speedwork...for all the reasons those ladies above said. I tell myself when I'm trying to change my habits, I'm stretching myself, refusing to get stuck in a rut, it's hard for a few days, but the pay off is always there, and it's always good.
I know you can do this, and you'll probably love it (especially looking at the sunrise action!)

Happy Friday.

Sarah said...

Did you do it...did you do it???

I definitely couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning....lunch run for me!

Jen said...

I also have a problem getting up in the morning. It's just so damn dark! I'm also pretty addicted to my morning coffee routine.

I'll do it with you Maria-pick a morning next week and I PROMISE I'll get my ass out the door with you (virtually of course!)