Thursday, March 12, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Spring is coming, some days it seems closer than others but nonetheless it's marching it's way in to our lives. And with it's arrival come a few of my most favorite things...

March Madness
Although Kansas won't come in as a #1 seed, if they play their game they have excellent chances to go far in the tourney. Like all teams that make the cut this Selection Sunday, it's a time when anything can happen, underdogs triumph, players have their best games ever and nothing is a set outcome. I even won a bracket last year!

Tulips, Hyacinths and Paper Whites
Vibrant, colorful, full of life. They embody spring and a represent a reawakening from the cold, dark winter


















Daylight Savings Time
Regardless of how bad it's kicked my ass this first week, DST is the bomb diggity. Daylight after 7:00 p.m. is always a good thing in my book. Before long I'll be enjoying sunsets along the Hudson while out for a post-work run

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

No doubt! All those things are good. The best, in my book, is no more ice and sub-zero weather!

Doctor Err said...

oh my gosh. i could have written that. but i wouldn't have taken the time to post pictures cuz i'm a lame right now.

Sparky said...

THAT sunset would be worth a trip to NYC !!

I loves the tulips too!
I get random daffodil sproutings (as in I didn't plant them and have no idea how they keep coming back every year with utterly no care from me) and I love love love them.

happy spring!