Thursday, September 4, 2008

This, that and the other thing...

With the exception of some work deadlines, the week has been fairly uneventful. I got out for 6 recovery miles on Tuesday night, spent some time Wednesday morning at the pool and ran 6 again last night. It should have been double that but time got away from me and I had to improvise. I'm feeling mostly recovered from the race on Monday and ready to shake out my legs a bit today with another slower run of 5 miles or so and toss in some strides for good measure. Tomorrow's run should be interesting, the east coast will be welcoming some heavy tropical rains and wind. I have 17 scheduled w/14 @MP. Wheeee!!!




I did manage some creative cross training on Wednesday night in the form of a crab boil at Back Forty. I love me some crab and had forgotten how much work it is to get such little return. However, BF does a real nice job of packaging it all up... for $35 you start out with some tasty fresh veggies with bleu cheese & green goddess dips, all the crabs you can eat (4 rounds worth), the most amazing corn and boiled potatoes in Old Bay and a delicious peach & blueberry cobbler to round it all out. The pitchers of Captain Lawrence Pale Ale weren't too shabby either.

No comments: