Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh yes, that last post title

...the chipwich! Now I'm not that big of an ice cream fan ...never have been. As a child I preferred icey stuff (popsicles, fla-vor-ice, sherbets) or the occasional root beer float. And since then I've always been more of a salty snack/dessert fan. But the chipwich is something different. Something bigger than any of us. And something that should not be chased lest you find yourself never enjoying one. I know, I've been there. I've run around to a good number of grocery stores, bodegas and Mr. Softie trucks desperately in search of the perfect chipwich. Envisioning that lovely goodness produced on Main St. in Walt Disney World or better yet, in my own kitchen.

What's your favorite?

The mass produced but more easily found?



Homemade deliciousness?



Something with a little extra flair?



Me, I'm a fan of the homemade variety. Just two chocolate chip cookies and plain vanilla ice cream. But if I'm in chase mode, the Toll House is a good fill in for the real thing.

6 comments:

solarpowered said...

Now I want a chipwich!!! The homemade variety, please. :)

By the way, GREAT job on that last 20 miler!!!

Maria said...

Of course I had one last night :-)

Meredith murphy said...

OMG! I am at work and now you have made me very very very hungry and craving a chipwich!!!!!

Maria said...

Meri, I have an extra in the freezer just for you!

Theia said...

Know what's even better than a chipwich? A Snickers ice cream bar.

Oh.
My.
God.

DROOL

Dog Mom said...

Extra flair! Definitely!