Thursday, October 9, 2008

I may have been a centaur in my past life

So after a day o' freaking out yesterday, I think it's out of my system. I also think I'll never start the day again by checking out weather conditions for my race city. No amount of coffee makes a less-than-ideal forecast any easier to deal with. I pouted, I felt despair, I made my day longer than need be and I made my run rougher than it needed to be. I cried, I iced, I refueled, I tiger-balmed and then I re-watched a couple episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
I'm better now.

And because that show cracks me up, here's some of The Gang's best stuff...

Charlie: Why don't I strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into Jobland where jobs grow on little jobbies.
...
Mac: I'm so hard that people are scared of me and they should be. 'Cause I'll explode all over them.
...

Dee: [to Charlie and Frank]:
What are you guys looking at?
Frank: Garbage Pail Kids. Heathen Steven, Classic!

Dee: Are those the stupid cards where babies are doing disgusting things?

Charlie
: No, Dee. These are those amazing cards where babies are doing hysterical things...
...
Mac: It's not a jacket, it's a duster. It's like a jacket, only it's longer, thicker, and far more bad ass. I look like Lorenzo Lamas and women find it irresistible.
...

Dee: Mac, I'm gonna stop you right here. First of all, your
breath smells like an old lady fart passing through an onion.
...

[Frank and Charlie are tripping on acid. Charlie is wearing a green s
uit that covers his head and body]
Charlie
: ...wait wait! When the hell did I put Green Man on?!

Frank
: [referring to Charlie] That lizard talks!
Charlie
: Where, where?! I don't like lizards!
[...]

Frank
: [to Charlie] Lizard, am I standing in poop?
...
Charlie: Because I cut the brakes! Wildcard Bitches!
YEEE HAW!
...

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Yep, no sense freaking out about the weather. Can't control it. And it isn't always right that far out. Even now, things could still be different 2 days out - they certainly were for TCM last weekend! So, the positive thing about the Chicago forecast I saw today was more cloud cover than not - that is a good thing. Hydrate well. And trust in your training. You are gonna rock it!

sauconRunner said...

You probably just have PTSD from last year.

Those weatherman never get it right.Don't look at it again!!!