Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cruisin' with the top off

Winston Churchill said, "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

And thus after receiving this from the Chicago Race Directors:

According to the advance local weather forecast, the weather on race day is projected to be partly cloudy, with low temperatures in the low 60's (degrees F) and high temperatures in the mid 70's (degrees F).

Based on this forecast, the Event Alert Level is Yellow/Moderate, which suggests less-than-ideal conditions for marathon running. Please be aware that conditions may change prior to race day.


I'm ready to bust out my convertible

11 comments:

sauconRunner said...

Sweet!

Sarah said...

They are just being super paranoid because of last year! Don't let them get you down....mid 70's is nothing compared to the heat and humidity you've trained in this summer!

KP said...

convertible too funny. As long as you're not showing your headlights you should be good

Maria said...

That's what a race bib is for, to cover up anything I don't want and can prevent from showing in race photos ;)

Jen said...

"Bust out"-get it? I hope it was meant to be funny because I laughed! We're so excited for you Maria!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Too early for them to accurately predict the weather. Either way you will look great in your green! So excited for you that its finally almost here!

solarpowered said...

I love it! (And I'm jealous -- I wish I could wear a cute top like that!) 70's are doable -- don't worry about their warning. Bring on Sunday!!!!

Jen Jones said...

Go Maria!! I have only run one race longer than a 5k in more than just a bra-top! Less is more.

I'll be hoping the forecast cools off and you'll at least be able to score some cloud cover--that can make a huge difference.

phdatc said...

Looking forward to seeingyou this weekend!

Meredith murphy said...

Have a great race!!!!

Kris said...

you are going to have a great race!