Sunday, October 5, 2008

The hit maker

I've mentioned before how much I love that balance between planned things and just taking it easy, rolling with whatever happens. The weekend ended up being just that which = perfie in my book.

On Friday Jason and I babysat the kiddos. Activities of the evening included playing picture cards, a bit of Star Wars on the Wii, snacking on popcorn & ice cream (shush!!!) and watching some SuperFriends. When mom and dad came home we were entertained by the latest hit from Hunter [and the Blue Devils], I Love Candy
*that's big bro, Jack, on back up vocals and dad handling the accompanying instruments

Boomp3.com

Saturday was spent getting my last double digit run in pre-Chicago (12 miles in 55* temps, a bit of rain and 1 hr 46 minutes of my time), meeting up with another [internet but not just internet anymore] running friend, Sarah ...so great to finally meet you!!!, and later in sharing some birthday beers with Heather.

Sunday was all about relaxing and doing whatever I could to try and shake the wonkiness in my left leg. I got to the pool for about 35 mins. of laps and then got a massage from Alissa. By the time I got home most of my TCM buddies had already finished or were crossing the finish line
and Alexis made quick work of her 15K. Congratulations to you all!!! Remainder of the day was spent in couch city, population 1 (plus the resident kitty)

This morning started off great! Legs are feeling much better, the cool weather continues, I was able to chat with both Beth & Tim and got even more excited about the race as this will be their first full marathon and I get to run today. The week's schedule is M - 6 sleazy miles, T - 7 miles w/2 @MP, W - rest/x-t, Th - 5 mi w/strides, F - rest, Sa - some sort of run, maybe 3-4 miles.

And before I forget, a couple new pictures of baby Keaton Scout ...isn't he adorable?!?!? He's such a mixture of the other kiddos too and what a happy little guy!

1 comment:

Theia said...

Rest, hydrate, eat good foods, rest some more, and then rest this week! :)