Sunday, May 31, 2009

Greenie goodness

I meant to post both the recipe and the source for which I found the recipe in my last post...  damn monkey mind  :P

I originally found the recipe on Jenna's blog - which is a wealth of information for all things tasty.   Although she'll mix up the exact ingredients, most of her monsters look something like this:  
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 4 cups organic spinach
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 scoop raw almond butter
  • 1 cup almond milk
In the batch I made yesterday I used a fresh banana and hemp milk in place of the almond milk.  Experiment with different combinations, you can't really go too wrong.  And although this sucker is greener than most of my running gear, it doesn't taste like spinach whatsoever.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

I can't find a protein powder that I can stand, got any recommendations?