Friday, May 29, 2009

Damn you HBO

Last night we discovered the awesomeness that is HBO's series True Blood and like times in the past, when catching up on a show, it's impossible to just watch a single episode. In fact when we first started watching LOST, Jason & I marathoned it out for the first two seasons... as in we stayed up till like 5:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning just to get through. Sick, very sick. But hey it was a weekend, no workie and also totally worth it. Back to the vampires, 4 episodes and way past my bedtime, I snoozed the hell outta my alarm this morning. Result - will get a few sleazy miles in later today along with a short bike ride, weather permitting.

Thus far this week...

Monday - blobby blob day o' nothing (vastly different than a rest day, I assure you)
Tuesday - 5 sleazy miles in 47:17, quick circuit of push-ups/dips/cross body leg swings
Wednesday - 30 mins swimming (1512 yds), 90 mins yoga (lots of balancing standing poses)
Thursday - 6 miles in 47:17 w/7 x 2 mins on/1 min off + varying length hill sprints

Thursday's run felt great from the moment I got outside. It was about 57* and misting a light rain. I split up the first 3 intervals of hard running and recovery from the last 4 with a mile plus at a very comfortable pace and ended up with an average pace of 7:52/mi and an identical total time as the sleazy 5 miler from Tuesday.

Weirdorama.

Anywho... I was also able to squeeze in my bike pickup last night so as much as I can get out and get to riding this weekend, you can beat I will.

Up tomorrow morning, the Brooklyn HM. The course is exactly opposite of what it's been for many of the race's past years, starting with two loops around Prospect Park and traveling along Ocean Parkway to end on the Coney Island boardwalk. Going to have to remember to actually pick up my feet on that last stretch lest I end up face planting on the wooden planked boardwalk.

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

47:17 two times in a week. That is freaky. You should aim for 1:47:17 in the HM tomorrow. Good luck!