Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mid-week wrap up

The week's been good to me.  I've had some solid workouts and am feeling like everything is coming together.   I've also really refocused on my nutrition, adding in some new meals and making good decisions.  I believe it's all adding to my high energy levels.
  • Monday: 1.25 miles as progression run (every .25 mi increased speed down to 8:04/mi), 55 mins spinning, 3 miles as progression run (every .25 mi increased speed down to 6:58/mi for last 1/2 mi).   4.25 miles total in 34:21 (8:04/mi)
  • Tuesday: 30 mins swimming (1512 yds), 6.65 miles running in 57:57 (8:42/mi)
  • Wednesday:  90 mins yoga, tons of twists


This Sunday I'll be running the NY Mini 10K.  It's a fantastic all-women's race, first started in 1972 (and then called the Crazylegs Marathon) when women weren't officially allowed to participate in road running races.   And although I'm still not in race shape, I'm thinking of a plan that will challenge me during the race while not hindering my marathon training.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

You're training already seems strong! Good luck with the 10k. I love 10ks, but haven't raced one in a long time!

solarpowered said...

Great week!
Good luck in the race -- I'd love to do it but instead I'll be hanging at the shore with my Uncle Tug :D (Yep, that's his real name!)