Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The lowdown

Here are all the details of my new commuting buddy. And although it'll be a short commute (6 miles give or take) I'm still working out the various a.m. combinations that might work for me...

  • time consuming, clean but perhaps not clean enough (think July): shower, commute, touch up, clothing change, work, clothing change, commute
  • requires a gym location near the office: commute, shower/clothing change, work, clothing change, commute
  • possibly polluted east river or hudson style: commute, swim, spray down with disinfectant, clothing change, work, clothing change, commute
  • stanky style: commute, work, commute
  • runner style: commute, work, clothing change & shoe change, run back home while pushing bike

Thoughts?

I'll also be considering a good name for the old girl but me thinks that'll take some time spent with her before something suitable becomes known to me.

2 comments:

solarpowered said...

Sweet bike!

I'm a big sweater, especially in the heat, so a rinse off would probably be necessary for me after the commute...

Dan said...

'tis very cool that you can consider a biking commute. my 45 mi commute doesn't really lend itself to a non-motorized means.

i guess the final decision will depend if you have to meet clients or how sensitive your co-workers are (scratch that, they don't count). i'd watch out for that hudson river option when they start dredging upstream (GE PCBs). also, i'd imagine that there's quite a bit of lumber and general large debris floating around. ever consider swimming with a helmet?