Monday, May 4, 2009

Life is good



What a fabulous weekend! Despite the rain and dreary Sunday we had, it closed out quite nicely. After a loverly run through CP on the bridle path, Jason and I spent the remainder of Saturday with his niece and nephews. What looked like a supa gray day really turned around and we were able to spend a fair amount of time outside. Keaton and I took a walk down to Riverside Park where we spent some time checking out the dogs at their park and then near the wonderful community garden. I love this garden - it's always so full of life and love. Saturday it was also full of the sounds of Toby, a gorgeous parrot. Keaton immediately took notice of the squawking and demanded we get closer. Now you all know me, I'm not a fan of birds - I don't discriminate against any type either, they all scare the bejesus outta me. But for Keaton's sake I got a wee bit closer than my comfort zone allowed.





It wasn't quite close enough for this little guy though ...as he tests just how far the straps of his stroller will extend.

Toby was all "hello!" and some other gibberish but he also sang quite a lot - in opera!

We headed back to the apartment to get Uncle JJ and the other boys and headed back to the park. While they played some catch, Keaton and I roamed around barefoot. Although he's not quite walking yet, he's got it in him and he had the grubby little feet to show it.

2 comments:

solarpowered said...

You forgot the: and after all that fun nephew time, I ran a kick ass race on Sunday :D

Sooooo great to see you this weekend!

Doctor Err said...

great race post above!!! kick ass!!!
yoga is changing all my stuff, too...i don't hurt after runs, I know how to, like move my body.
and birds freak me the hell out too.
monkey minds....