Saturday, October 3, 2009

Go get 'em!!

First off huge good luck and positive vibes out to Jen and Cindi racing marathons this weekend in St. George and Minneapolis/St. Paul, respectively. Actually, as I write this Jen is through the finish in Utah - a spectacular effort and a shiny new PR for Jen with a 3:06 marathon. That's some super sweet action - congratulations Jen!!! When I grow up I wanna be Jen!

But back to my humble life in humidity land. Gah. This morning brought with it a huge blanket of the nasty stuff just in time for a workout including a bunch of MP miles. Met up with Missy to run Grete's Great Gallop (a HM) in CP and managed about 9 miles at MP before my legs just threw in the towel. Actually they threw in the towel prior to that, right before mile 7 so I walked it out a bit and then got back to running. But it was a futile effort. I wasn't very smart with my workouts this week.

1). I did two things on Monday I haven't done in a long time and they seemed to have negatively impacted the balance that I need to keep to have everything hurty-free

2). I ran Thursday's run too fast. Sure it felt great, it felt effortless but my legs probably tired too much from the run and didn't recover fast enough to deal with today's humidity.

3). In trying to get back to my training plan from a couple diversions (RTB and the Fifth Ave mile) I haven't been consistent enough.

All of this contributed to 15.75 miles running in 2:26:54 (9:19/mi). Of course 9 of those miles were at MP but the rest were garbage. That in itself is inconsistent as all hell. I refuse to let myself stew about it too long, I know I need to refocus and I know I can do it. Last weekend's running left me feeling very confident and I don't want to let a couple bad decisions this week derail that. Onward and upward!

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Thanks for the good luck vibes!

Humidity zaps energy super quickly. Shake it off and move on! You have been training so smart. Is it still a Hudson plan that you are following?

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I just read your other post . Your Thursday run was MP or faster so that definitely must have factored in to todays run.

Doctor Err said...

What did you do new?
I've added 2 crossfit classes and a krav maga class into my week.
a. i don't think i'll ever not be sore again.
b. i am so tight all the time i feel like i might snap.
i'd love to know what you're up to because i think our bodies are similar (although your bod is the bod i want to grow up to have...)
:)

Maria said...

Roo - it was either or both getting back to spin class and running on a TM. Me and treadmills are not pals, that's for sure!

Sarah said...

Don't let the humidity get you down.....it was miserable to run in that this weekend!! It was more like swimming rather than running!

You've been asking a lot from your body the past couple weeks....RTB, 5th Ave mile, the 18 mile race, a half this weekend....no wonder you were wiped! Even if you weren't racing these all out, its still different from a normal easy long run. Trust your training...you are doing great!!