Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ever evolving, always adjusting

I sent my head a mini restart notice on Monday. Just a little something to get me recommitted to my training and really buckling down now that CIM is just 2 months out.

Tuesday - 10 miles running w/2 x 3 mi @tempo in 1:23 (8:18/mi).

I wasn't sure how this was going to go since last Sat. started out somewhat OK and kinda blew up in my face. So after taking an intended day off and then an unintended day off (stupid work!), I headed out to see what the legs were feeling up to. For the first set of tempo miles I fell into a nice pace pretty easily but felt I might be a little slow. This is not unusual for me running this pace, it normally takes me a mile or two to get it right - first mile too slow and then the next way too fast (i.e. 8:05 followed by a 7:10 - eeeks!). After that it was all good.

2 miles warm-up in 18:07 (9:03/mi)
3 miles @tempo in 23:07 (7:42/mi)
.5 mile recovery in 4:56
3 miles @tempo in 23:25 (7:48/mi)
1.5 miles cool-down in 13:13 (8:48/mi)

Wednesday - 90 mins Kula Flow, 4.75 miles running in about 45:00 (9:28/mi).

I needed to get in an easy recovery run but couldn't muster the needed energy pre-work so I decided to pack up my stuffs after yoga and run home from the studio. The distance wasn't the problem, it was my lack of proper planning. No need for me to bring both my backpack and my big purse to the office that day; shoving that sucker into the backpack and then running with it home added nearly 15 lbs. and a not-so-pleasant chafe mark in the middle of my lower back. Other than that the plan worked a-OK. Yoga included lots of back bending and supported headstands. Love me some headstands but I find the supported headstands a bit tougher than forearm headstands; I think it's just more difficult for me to find my center line.


supported headstand


forearm headstand

Thursday - 6 miles running sleazy in 55:57 (9:19/mi).

Finally hauled my butt outta bed before work to get an easy 6 miler logged. I seem to forget too easily how nice morning runs are on the weekdays and how the lack of a few extra zzz's is totally worth it! I love how the light of a new day dances off everything it hits ...the water, the trees, other runners. I may get out for another short sleazy run this evening depending on how I feel coming out of my massage.

5 comments:

Jen Jones said...

giggle...

the yoga pictures always scare me, I'd kill myself! Matt's always trying to get me to try. Seriously, I'd kill myself. I'm the least balanced coordinated person ever (I also can't even come close to touching my toes!)! I'm impressed!

I can't wait for CIM for you, I know you are going to have an awesome race!!!

solarpowered said...

Forget the headstands -- running with a big 'ol backpack stuffed with 15lbs of stuff would topple me over while running, I think! :D

Oh - and I may have some CIM questions for you...

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I think I'm ahead of Jen on the race for least coordinated person in the world. There is NO way I'd be able to do that crazy stuff.

I may have some CIM questions for you to. :-)

Jen Jones said...

Cindi, it's on!...I'm a huge klutz. I was stretching my calf w/ one of those elastic bands the other day--it's slips off my foot--smacks me right in the face. Yeah, I'm an idiot. CIM??? Cindi! Really! Go for it! It's an awesome race!! I LOVED it!

Doctor Err said...

mmmyeah. we practiced tripod the other night and i've decided that upside down is scary. :)