Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy as a Clam!

After a 3 day imposed rest period from my teeth extraction, I'm back! And I could not be happier.

Last night's fartlek run felt like I was suspended about an inch off the path, effortlessly gliding along 9 miles w/6 x 3 mins @HMP and 2 mins recoveries

My concentration on an adjusted foot strike is paying off. Although my calves are sore from the efforts, I can feel huge energy return gains in each and every stride. And, even more importantly, a ton of stress taken away from those body parts I overuse when running - my hammies & butt.

Tonight's 8 miler was similar, so easy, so relaxed, so enjoyable. Very quiet along the Hudson tonight and the perfect way to unwind after a very hectic work day.

Our weather as of late could not be more pleasant. 62* on last night's run and 59* on tonight's. Both evenings sported clear skies with loads of activity... some stars, some aircraft.

And perhaps one of the happiest elements, one that resulted in a perma-smile my entire run tonight. I will be working with a coach!!! And not just any coach, the very talented Lloyd (aka rootsrunner). I am beyond stoked at the prospect. It's something that I've thought about a lot and always considered a big missing element to my running.

...and away we go!

5 comments:

Jen Jones said...

FUN! I can't wait to see how you like working with a coach. It's nice having someone on the outside looking at your training log, workouts, races and making changes and suggestions for you!

I'm glad you took a couple of days off after your wisdom teeth surgery and didn't make the same mistake as me!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Excellent! A coach will be great!

Sarah said...

How exciting!! I'd love to one day get into personal coaching like that....let me know what you think of the experience and I may have some questions for you in the coming months :)

solarpowered said...

Ooh! I've thought about talking with Lloyd about coaching, too! I'm excited to see all the great things that this means for you!

Charisa said...

Awesome on the coach! :)