Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feel the burn, love the burn

Monday - after a thoroughly fun weekend o' wedding stuffs I was feeling a little beat down and needing some more relaxation and recovery. Took the day completely off from everything exercise related and included some extra veggies and vitamins into my meals.

Tuesday - Double Your Pleasure Tuesday! 5 miles a.m. running in 41:54 (8:22/mi), 10.5 miles p.m. running in 1:30:45 (8:38/mi) w/15 x 1 min @5KP w/1 min recoveries. Ran 3 miles easy as a warm-up and then started with the interval segments. Finished those and ran another 3+ miles easy back home as a cool down. Legs didn't seem to mind the double although they were ready for the 5KP bursts to be done and done. Felt I probably ran them a bit too fast but don't know for sure as it was dark out and I didn't have my Garmin on.

Wednesday - Was sad that yoga got canceled but ended up with a nice brick. Ran an easy 4 miles in 37:35 (9:23/mi) and followed immediately with a 30 min swim (1512 yds).

Systems are all good and in check with where I'd like them. Nothing bothering me or hurting which is a very nice change. Preliminary thoughts on the upcoming 20K in New Haven are to race it and beat my time from 2 years ago. Going to think about strategy for that sucker a bit more today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

solarpowered said...

Wish I could join you on Monday! Kick some 20k ass!