Friday, September 25, 2009

Build up to the weekend

I took special care all of this week to take it super easy with all runs, allowing my legs to fully recover from RTB and to prep them for a weekend of racing. Quite boring to look at but it worked!

Tuesday - 8 miles running, supa sleazy (slow + easy)
Wednesday - 90 mins yoga
Thursday - 8.6 miles running, supa sleazy
Friday - 4 miles running, supa sleazy

I didn't wear a watch on any of the runs and only roughly knew when I left and when I returned home. Main goal was to run slow and if I thought I was running slow enough, I slowed down even more. I was hoping to get to the pool too but momentarily forgot that I'd man-handled my goggles on my last trip out for laps and needed to pick up a new pair. Since then I've purchased another pair and will be back at the pool this coming week.

2 comments:

Theia said...

Doesn't it feel nice to leave your watch at home sometimes? We get so consumed by paces, goals, etc. It's a welcome relief to just... run.

Unknown said...

Monika has man handled at least 3-4 pairs of ear buds at least this was ur first pair-someone has to teach this kid some control before she kills somebody!!