Saturday, September 12, 2009

Eeeps!



What a week! Work really sent everything else off into outer space until this morning. I did get a couple easy runs in and was able to work through the knot in my left hammy but man, I was not prepared for the changes that would hit my schedule. The coming week looks to be more of the same but I'll be prepared! Early morning runs will be a MUST. I cannot leave a p.m. workout to chance... my time in the evening is no longer reliable. With that said, I started off Saturday with a pot of coffee and my cleaning supplies. After the apartment was looking good again including a spotless tub/shower (the sign of a true cleaning!), I headed out for a run, a stop at the farmer's market and some other errands.

Saturday - 5.82 miles running in ?? time. Still don't have a replacement for my basic Polar, need to make that happen soon. Took it easy along the bridle path up to and around the reservoir and back home. Temps were pleasant and the light rain tempted me to stay out for a longer run.

Sunday - 20 miles running in 3:14:39 (9:43/mi). Ran a mile to our meeting spot to hook up with Bob and Missy for today's run. After greetings we set off from the south east corner of CP and proceeded straight west to the Hudson, south to Chambers and then east crossing back across Manhattan and over the Brooklyn Bridge. Often running single file, we stuck on Henry to Union and then up the monster slope that is Park Slope to Prospect Park for a loop and then back to and over the bridge again. I wasn't feeling my best with the humidity and often felt dizzy w/chills and then way hot. More stop and go than I'd have liked but Missy & Bob were strong motivators and great company along the run.

Coming up at the end of this week - Reach the Beach!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

i'm totally going to have to run a relay one of these days. everyone has such great things to say about them! have SO much fun!!

Doctor Err said...

man... if i weren't a morning person, i don't know what i'd do...