Monday, June 22, 2009

Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson?

Uh yeah, can't seem to remember crap as of late. And I'm woefully behind in noting workouts... so here's a recap in bullet point form

  • I've been running, swimming, spinning and practicing yoga
  • I have not been biking as much as I'd like b/c of the god forsaken rain
  • I threw a bridal shower in STL (along with another of my bestest friends) last weekend for one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world
  • It was not a traditional bridal shower. That's not how our crowd rolls.
  • Those supa cute, corn-on-the-cob cupcakes over there to the right ----> made 'em, loved 'em
  • Target is still the land of milk and honey to me. $15 for a kick ass blow up pool and hours of fun with the sibs
  • Work is trying to kill me
  • I registered for the Cranford Firecracker 4 Miler to be run on the 4th of July. My buddy Ben is running too!
  • We celebrated my dad's 70th birthday by bbq'ing what had to be the most amount of food on the grill for one meal. Kudos to little bro for taking care of biz and getting the job done
  • I really wish I had a running coach. I'm having a hard time trying to get myself primed for the San Fran HM while marathon training
  • Dillon is the whiniest kitteh EVAH as of late - I hope he's just being difficult and doesn't have anything wrong with him
  • Soulard Market is a fine substitute for the Union Square Greenmarket, while in STL

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

OMG - those cupcakes are awesome!

I wish I had a coach too. Even just a pseudo-coach. Someone I can whine to and they would tell me to shut the F up and quit whining. It would help immensely. Now I just whine to my blog readers and everyone is too polite to tell me to quit it.

Happy Birthday to dad! Sounds like a great weekend in STL.

Sarah said...

I grew up in the town right next to Cranford!!! We used to have our church picnic every year in the park where the race is. Say hi to my old house for me :)

Glad you had fun in STL! I wish I had a coach too....maybe that's why I am taking a USATF coaching course so I can boss myself around :)

Doctor Err said...

monkey mind, monkey mind, monkey mind