Monday, January 26, 2009

Go Time!

Today kicks off official training for the STL HM (just 82 days left ...thanks 'days until iphone app' :-)) I was able to stick to most all workouts last week, looking like this:

Monday - ran 1.5 miles, spinning for 60 mins.
Tuesday - swam 30 mins. (1512 yds) incorporating longer sprint intervals
Wednesday - ran 6 miles
Thursday - ran 5 miles, strength training for 60 mins.
Friday - swam 30 mins (1512 yds)
Saturday - yoga for 90 mins.
Sunday - ran 8.6 miles

In order for me to maintain my cross training + the additional miles, I'm going to need to suck it up and start running in the a.m. I can't explain how much this pains me. I can swim in the morning, attend a class of any sort in the morning but rarely get out for a run on a weekday morning. I = weirdo with issues.

One thing I'm certain will help is relocating the alarm clock to a spot in the bedroom not 2 inches from my noggin'

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That is weird that you can get up for other stuff, but not running.

You'll manage it though because I know fitting in the other stuff to keep you well rounded and strong is important this time around!

What training plan are you following?

Sarah said...

Looks like you have quite the schedule! Glad to see your leg/butt/hip thing is feeling better!

Maria said...

Cindi - I'm following a plan that Tom constructed based on one of Pfitzinger's full plans.