Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Morning Recap

This week feels like a new, organized beginning for me in terms of my training. I know it's probably more a state of mind than anything but who doesn't love the opportunity to start fresh? Anywho, b/c it was ultimately a transition & cutback week my workouts were a bit of a mixed bag.

Monday - 8 miles w/3 x Harlem Hill sprints @tempo
Tuesday - 4 recovery miles running, 1 mile swimming w/2 long sets of sprints
Wednesday - 90 mins. yoga (bound side angle, half moon and a lot of other balance poses)
Thursday - 6.2 miles running @GA
Friday - still to come...

This afternoon/evening my plan calls for a 10K time trial however I think the workout will be better spent sharpening for my next HM which happens to be a week from Sunday. I plan to get the same mileage out of the day as if I were running the trial but in a different workout. Will get out for 2 mi warm-up, 3 x 2 mi @tempo w/3 mins recovery and a 2 mi cool-down.

2 comments:

Dan said...

structured or not, the important thing is you're consistently getting your workouts in. i'm jealous.

solarpowered said...

The way that you are listening to your body and adjusting your training and personalizing your workouts is super. Hudson would be proud :) You're gonna kick ass this race season.