Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seeking a stronger focus

Last week was a recovery week in the plan and although I hit the mileage right on, I felt rather listless and maybe even a little bored. Perhaps it's that I've been thinking more about different kinds of training plans or perhaps it's that I'd love to get myself a coach or at least participate more in a local running group? Whatever the case, I feel some change is in the air.

Monday: ran 6 miles, spinning for 60 mins
Tuesday: swam 30 mins (1512 yds), ran 5 miles
Wednesday: rest day (although I had both a PT appt and a massage)
Thursday: ran 6 miles
Friday: swam 30 mins (1512 yds)
Saturday: ran 10.5 miles (with 2-3 miles @tempo mid-run)
Sunday: cooked family brunch with my helper (pictured below with my apron as a dress)

Scheduled mileage: 26
Actual mileage: 27.5

2 comments:

solarpowered said...

I could have written that first paragraph. Exactly how I've been feeling. Grr. Wish we lived closer so we could run together.

By the way, your sous chef is adorable. :D

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Super cute photo!

So did you figure anything out this week for a stronger focus? Is it because you're training for a HM instead of a marathon?