Monday, February 9, 2009

Rounding out the week with Sunday Family Dinner

Last week saw no action at the pool, the water temps had been a little too cold for my taste for the two weeks previous to last week so when I called to reserve a lane and they referred to the water as "brisk" I knew that couldn't be good. By the weekend the staff there had assured me they've got it back to normal so I'll test it out tomorrow. I also missed out on my regular spin class last Monday due to having a tempo run that same day and me not planning well.

All in all, not a horrific week. And also the first week where I varied my pace quite a bit to fit the plan.

Monday - ran 6 miles (4@ tempo pace)
Tuesday - ran 4.3 miles (EZ)
Wednesday - ran 8 miles @8:30 pace
Thursday - ran 4 miles (EZ), strength training for 45 mins
Friday - rest
Saturday - ran 6 miles (5 x Hippo Park hill repeats), 90 mins of yoga
Sunday - ran 10.5 miles

Scheduled mileage: 40
Actual mileage: 38.8

Yesterday ending up being a pretty packed day. I slept in a bit, got my run in and then headed up to Matt & Kelly's for the return of Sunday Family Dinners. Kelly made a super tasty tortilla soup, we enjoyed some Chimay & Brooklyn Local 1 and rounded it out with fresh blueberries and strawberries over angel food cake. The night ended with an impromptu visit to Stand Up NY, a local spot on the UWS where Jason, Matt, Joey and I caught Judah Friedlander's act. You will know him as Frank from 30 Rock. Very funny!

10 comments:

CoachT said...

Kinda slacking with only getting 97% of your mileage in this week - don't you think? :)

I notice that there isn't a marathon anywhere on your race schedule - Are you skipping them altogether this year?

And feel free to send me leftover desserts from those family dinners whenever you like...

Maria said...

Trev - I'm playing it by ear with regards to my next full. Gotta have a little more confidence that I'm taking the right course with my leg/PT/etc. If April and May go well, I'll commit to a fall full, maybe Steamtown.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Yeah but you got 2 extra miles in last week, didn't you? So you're all right!

KP said...

Nice work.

Question on your paces:
EZ = what exactly (I need/want numbers!)
8:30 and your tempo are what respectively?

Maria said...

Kev:
- EZ ranges betw 9:10-9:30ish
- Tempo is 7:52-7:55ish
- 8:30 is sorta arbitrary b/c I wasn't sure what a good "faster than GA but not HMP" would be for this round of training. I actually ran that 8 miler a bit faster than 8:30

Clear as mud eh?

solarpowered said...

Sunday dinner sounds great!

Btw - about the CoachJ input -- I didn't get into a whole lot about me. I was there to hear about Lori's stuff, and Jen and Kelly were there talking with J, too. We briefly talked about my running, and it did give me some food for thought, but nothing earth shattering. I didn't feel right spending time focusing on me. Those 3 are his clients... I will say this, though -- while I'm thinking full at Glass City, I'm not ruling out switching to the HM if I feel that's my better move.

KP said...

Crystal.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Maria - Don't you change your tempo pace depending on the length of the run? Or do you run that tempo pace whether its 3 miles at tempo or 7 miles at tempo?

Maria said...

Interesting question, Cindi. Answer is no, I stick with the same tempo goal pace regardless of the distance so it's definitely easier for those shorter distances over a monster 12miler w/7 or so at tempo

Dan said...

great to see you're getting a groove going. how's the hammy feeling? based on your mileage and pace, i'd say it's starting to come around.

i try to do the same thing on my outdoor tempo runs - keep the same pace but since I don't Garmin, it's a bit of a challenge.