Monday, December 1, 2008

Family

Mine means the world to me. This Thanksgiving, despite having lost my uncle the weekend prior to a stroke, we were lucky enough to have most of them (we missed you Mike, Martha, Bren & Ellie!) out in NYC. It was wonderful, delightful, meaningful, & fun out the wahzoo!! We caught the balloons around the Natural History Museum on Thanksgiving Eve, we watched the Macy's parade from 55th St. while sipping on bloody marys and mimosas, we busted out our regular regime of board games, we shared a delicious Thanksgiving meal together, we visited with Matt & Kelly and the kiddos, we played a bit of kick ball and SPUD together, we sucked down some cupcakes from Magnolia, we shopped a bit and we laughed A LOT.

The saddest thing about being together like that is the very second everyone leaves, departing for their homes and knowing a big event has just passed. Sigh. Luckily it'll only be another few weeks until we're all reunited again for the Christmas holidays. Someone remind me, why do I live almost 1000 miles away from these fabulous people (and 3000 mi from Jen)?? Sigh.

Here's the gang kicking it up with a rambunctious game of SPUD in Central Park.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Just let us know what time we should be there next year! I'm so jealous-seriously! Sounds like a wonderful day! Can you read between the lines here, lol!

solarpowered said...

I didn't know about your uncle, Maria. I'm sorry :(

It does sound like you had a marvelous time this past weekend, though. Everyone should be so lucky to have such a great relationship with their family!

Craver said...

That's the kind of gratitude I'm talking about!

What a great celebration of family and love.

jc

sauconRunner said...

I wish I had a large family and that we got together often and had such good times. You're truly blessed.

Sounds like a great time was had.