Monday, December 8, 2008

Feeling more like my old self

It is amazing what a week of consistent workouts will do to boost your mood. Last week I got to the pool twice, attended a yoga class & a spin class and got out for a much-needed energizing night time winter run. And despite having loads going on at work & traveling out of town for the weekend, I'm not stressed, I'm not crabby and I'm ready to do more. So a repeat for this week will be happening + a few more runs + a couple strength classes.

With my improved mood I feel like I'm more more in the holiday spirit as well and so I'll get some tree decorating on the docket for tonight and a bit of this...

Holiday Meme

Thanks to Kris for the good idea. If you want to play along, copy the questions onto your blog, post the answers, and leave a comment here so I know to go read yours.

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Being a bit of a junkie with this kind of stuff, I prefer a blend of both when preparing several gifts. I like wrapping paper with cool non-traditional ribbons and gift bags filled with shredded paper and donned with pretty tags.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? With the exception of one year, I've always had an artificial tree. I like real trees, love the smell but could do without the constant needle clean-up. Besides, I'm pretty sure Dillon would attempt to eat the entire tree.
  3. When do you put up the tree? I'm usually all over it on the Sunday after Thanksgiving but this year I've been lazy and still haven't put it up.
  4. When do you take the tree down? I generally don't keep it up longer than the first week or two of January.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. It does improve in taste with some booze in it though. :-) Doesn't it also have like a million calories per serving?
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mattel shopping cart filled with fake food.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? Jason
  8. Easiest person to buy for? Brendan, Ellie, Jack, Hunter, Lyla and Keaton (aka the kiddos)
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think I used to have one but I haven't seen it for years.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love sending out cards and it's one of the few times I use snail mail.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I tend to not remember this kind of stuff.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November or early December
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, cookies, cookies!!! I'm a cookie monster.
  16. Lights on the tree? Yes, all white.
  17. Favorite Christmas song? Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I always travel to St. Louis to be with my family, that's home.
  19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Nope, I always get them mixed up with a heeeelarious card that outlines Santa's Second String (ex. Spitzen)
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Rustic star
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we always did Christmas Eve but now we'll do whatever works best for everyone's schedules.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Greedy people & retailers, crowds and less than festive attitudes.
  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'm a fan of little-bit-of-everything
  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's hash brown casserole deal ...sooooo cheesy good!
  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Snow during our kick ball game.

5 comments:

KP said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! I answered the questions!

Theia said...

Me too! Merry Merry!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Glad things are looking up, fitness-wise. I feel so much better when I get my workouts in too.

So what's on the agenda next for a race?

Maria said...

Cindi - I'm unsure of my racing schedule, need to get this funky left leg consistently feeling better. Right now it's good some days (some runs) and really crabby on others w/out much rhyme or reason. I will be focusing on the HM in '09 so the St. Louis race will likely be my next if all stabilizes with the leg.

Stephen said...

I did it too (which is really weird, 'cause I never do list things like that) http://cactustri.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-meme.html