Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spoiled

Today felt like a very indulgent type of day.  Fighting the urge to snooze, I woke up and met with my Tuesday running buddy knowing it's always worth it to meet up with her and get some early miles in as the sun rises.  We exchanged stories of our holidays and workdays to come; it always feels more like we're sitting on comfy couches sipping on tea rather than gliding along the Hudson in 30* weather.  Perfect start to the day!  7.7 miles in 1:12 (9:22/mi)

The work day was well behaved and moved swiftly.

Feeling like the support & company of others during my return to hill repeats I met up with Josh's crew in Central Park after work.   This is a special treat as I'm normally not out of work and able to get up to the meeting spot by 6:30 but again, this was an indulgent sort of a day.   Warm up, 6 repeats on the front and back sides of Harlem Hill and a nice cool down was just what the doctor ordered.   Our group + everyone else in NYC training for Boston seemed to be out tonight with nothing but HILLS, HILLS, HILLS on the mind.  Great vibe!  8.3 miles in 1:12:39 (8:47/mi)

Walking briskly back home, taking an extra long hot shower to warm up,  I then snacked on some leftover peanut butter pie as water boiled for dinner.


Today was a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love good days :)

Nice running - hill workouts scare me. Peanut butter pie sounds like an excellent post-run treat. My mom made a mean one for Christmas that I'm still thinking about (sadly)!

Theia said...

Nice work! That's quite a double. The pie must have been a necessity after all that. :)

P.S. I did hills last night too. Must have been a hill kinda day.

Doctor Err said...

I'm doing a no sugar challenge... I don't even remember what your post was about... ;) love your geat day and how you se it.