Monday, January 24, 2011

Keeping it strong?

Didn't want to include these two bits in the last post, they are quite the opposite of weak.  Saturday afternoon after a crushing Kansas loss, I headed up to the Apple store to replace my slowly dying Nano.  Being that Magnolia is only like a block away, there's no way I couldn't pop in there as well.   It's no secret that I love cupcakes so it's probably not too much of a secret that I don't buy just one cupcake, I need one of the standard vanilla cakes preferably w/green frosting but blue or pink or whatever else will do as well.  And then another, usually of a custom flavoring, if available.   Saturday it was all carrot cake ...holy frijoles this sucker ROCKED!

 
The frosting was cream cheese based, of course, but the cake itself was divine!  Very opposite of dry (I hate that "m" word) and gone down my gullet in record time.

Sunday afternoon was a long overdue visit with my most fabulous running partners.  I can't tell you of many runs that go by when I'm not wishing the 4 of us were together again.  I know it'll happen sometime soon but for now I was happy to be dishing out belly rubs to both Bella & Allie and catching up with Missy on all the happenings that we'd normally discuss on daily runs.  She's an amazing mom and kickass role model to that cute little stinker below.

 Bella, being a good big sister and playing it cool around Allie's toys.

 Trying rice cereal for the first time.


Missy totally has a mini-me, let's hope she's as ready for marathon training as Missy is!

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Yum!

Cute!

Awwww!

Super Cute!

I miss seeing Missy around KR. I hope they are back at it soon

Theia said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, cupcakes! I <3 Magnolia. :)

And thanks for the supa-cute pics of Missy, Allie, and Bella.

solarpowered said...

So jealous of your Missy and AK time! Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

aww :) I've never had a carrot cake cupcake from Magnolia but carrot cake is my faaavvvorite! Very jealous...

sauconRunner said...

Awwhhhh, Missy and family look great! Tell her I said HI!!!