Monday, January 3, 2011

I am a winter runner! I am also Canadian?

This evening provided another perfect backdrop for a cruise-control type of run.  Sure our weather dropped 20+ degrees within 24 hours [again] but the winds were calm and the sky a bright backdrop to the city slowing down just a touch.   As much as I've tried and relatively succeeded [earlier in 2010] to become a morning runner, I'm still a night owl at heart.  And thus evening running feels right esp when it's cool outside and I feel as though I'm gliding.

Tonight's run sponsors were:  the long lines of planes destined for an arrival at Newark flickering as mere sparkles in the sky, a fabulous 311 based playlist, a single pre-run chocolate chip cookie and the several nods I got from fellow runners along the river tonight.

8 miles in 1:09:57 (8:45/mi) for an easy unwinding to a full day at work.

Oh and the Canadian bit of me sweated another nearly perfect maple leaf in the middle of my chest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha. I love your maple leaf. It's awesome.