Monday, March 8, 2010

Twice as nice

2 weeks seemed to have buzzed by without me realizing it. Maybe it was Olympics-effect? Not sure but looking over my last entry it feels like a lot of running has occurred in that time. The highlights and low lights:

  • last interval workout on the plan was notsogreat; I was cold and wet upon arriving at the track and my performance was less than stellar
  • I decided to not stay down for long and logged my first 21 miler of the season the Sunday immediately following that workout. It was awesomeness!
  • coach found some time in the plan and had me repeat that interval workout, after all, no one wants that taste to be left in their mouth
  • second time around was a huge success! Of course it was also probably one of the most beautiful and ideal type of running days that you could score so that helped.
  • I've had a bunch of phenomenal running mornings with Missy and Meredith, it feels like those days are pure running joy and completely effortless
  • I ended February right on track with mileage to get me over the 2000 mile mark for 2010 (226 miles), not bad for a shorty, down mileage month
And now with just about a week and a half until my next race, the tempo paced stuff is coming out to play. Wheee! I'll be heading back up to the track for the first set of cruise intervals, which should feel like a cake walk after interval work.

With just 8 weeks until Illinois I'm getting very excited! This weekend brings another 20 miler but this time with a fast finish and a return back to up mileage weeks.

How's everyone's training going?

2 comments:

Joe said...

I think you are on track to kick some major booty, girl! I've been so excited to see how you do, and thankfully it's not too far away now

Theia said...

Haha, nice pun by Moon. :) (On track? Get it? You were talking about some track workouts?)

Oh, never mind.

Can't wait to hear about your races!