Sunday, March 21, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4 - 4!!!!

That's right folks, 4 old PRs fell today in the span of a single race. Needless to say, it was a GOOD day! And a reminder that hard work really is rewarded, you need only to see my face and the permi-smile to know this. Today it all came together, the weather, my fueling, my mindset and a course I know very well. I am beyond happy for this check-in as to how my training is going, the boost of confidence and as Cindi noted, the fueling for the remainder of my IL training. 5 weeks and 6 days to go!


I am also forever grateful to my running buddy Missy for her optimism, inspiration and encouraging words. Her little heirloom tomato in utero has one hell of a momma!

15K - previous PR: 1:14:46 (8:02/mi), new PR: 1:11:28 (7:41/mi)
10 mile - previous PR: 1:19:50 (7:59/mi), new PR: 1:16:40 (7:40/mi)
20K - previous PR: 1:40:59 (8:08/mi), new PR: 1:35:44 (7:43/mi)
HM - previous PR: 1:50:04 (8:25/mi), new PR: 1:40:21 (7:40/mi)

5 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Congrats on an AMAZING race!!!

Joe said...

What's especially amazing, other than the 4 PRs (scintillating stuff) is how consistent those paces are - you held that 7:40 pace throughout.

You are going to knock it out of the park in Illinois - big time congrats, Maria!

Anonymous said...

Holy moley lady! 4 PRs in one race, way to work the timing mats.

Mindi said...

Wow - nice splits too!! Congrats - hope that perma smile lasts all week (and then some!)

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling-I did the same thing in my half-marathon last fall...set 10k, 15k and 10-mile PRs en route (of course, I really don't race 15k and 10k that often and Central Park 10ks are tough!) hope you're still riding the high now-congrats!!