Monday, February 1, 2010

And it happened and there was much rejoicing

In the past week...

- I was finally given the chance to flex my overwhelming desire to make home improvements. This is significant because as you all know I don't own a home, despite the sick amount of time I spend watching HGTV :-) Spackled, primed and painted at Matt & Kelly's new place in CT this weekend. Also spent a good amount of time helping move, dismantle and setup furniture including the sweetest of chandeliers for lovely Lyla's new pink room.

- I may have (jury is still out) prepared a black bean burger so tasty that one of America's biggest meat eaters actually enjoyed it. I should note there were also tater tots, that helps.

- I entered the yoga studio feeling a bit shutdown and feeling like I was maybe catching/fighting a cold only to experience one of my strongest and most open feeling classes ever. The emotional tap opened, in itself, was almost overwhelming.

- I laid down my biggest mileage week ever, 70.6 miles. I've hit 70 once before and only once. I intend to make this new level a habit. That week also contributed to an all-time monthly mileage number, 280. 30 miles bigger than my biggest month ever.

- I was inspired by my own post (geez, how self-serving can I possibly get!) but more importantly by the comments left here to do something more to spread smiles. Looking into new volunteering opportunities.

- And last but not least, I tried out my first Holy Cream. Observe.

7 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Yay!!!

Feel free to come on down here if you need some home improvement projects--my house is a challenge.

Doctor Err said...

oh. my. goodness.
i'm sure i had lots of encouraging supportive shit to say... but its all a whoopie pie looking blur now......
;)
ps you're great.

Sarah said...

I want that cream filled cupcake of goodness right now!!!

PS. good job on all that other stuff you wrote about, but I have a one track mind and that is FOOD :)

Mindi said...

You rock! Very awesome!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That is a monster week! Nice work hitting 70+ miles! So glad training is going well for you.

Joe said...

whoa...that makes my mouth water

And hurrah on the 70 mark! :)

Christine said...

70 is huge but running injury free and being in love with running is even HUGER!!!!!!! YATTA!!