Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The movie, my masterpiece!

Back in the fall when I was preparing for CIM, I couldn't help but feel my movie was incomplete. The partial production was enough to get me reevaluating a fall marathon and coming up with a new plan of attack. So far the new attack is right on track and providing me a tremendous number of scenes. Coach Lloyd has been phenomenal in getting me to run slower, more mileage and more consistently but most importantly, to regain my love and passion for running. And it's shown in hard data results...

2/24/07
3/11/07
10/28/07

These dates were the last times I PR'ed in the distances of 4M, 15K and 5M, respectively. And now, in the span of about 70 days, all 3 PRs have been replaced. Two without much focus and the last one quite intentionally.

5 miles - new PR, 37:47 (7:34/mi) on 11/26
15K - new PR, 1:14:46 (8:02/mi) on 12/19
4 miles - new PR, 29:01 (7:15/mi) on 2/7

Through accumulated miles on accumulated runs I've also had vivid visuals about two of my upcoming races. Firstly, the NYC HM (3/21) - I feel especially in tune with this course b/c both portions of it I run very regularly. There's a loop + in Central Park and then after weaving through Times Square a straight shot down the West Side Highway. Both segments are my bread and butter, my buddies, I know them better than they know themselves. And so these scenes play out regularly, visions of myself feeling relaxed, climbing the hills and riding the down portions while in the park, having myself ready to attack in the second half of the race when we cruise towards the downtown finish line. Sometimes the visions are so real I feel like the race has already occurred. Similarly, scenes from Illinois have appeared to me. They aren't quite as complete as the others and although I don't know the course like I do the other, these scenes mostly feature those same even-effort, relaxed and strong feelings but along with Lora & Cindi. I clearly feel myself running with them, sometimes we're right next to one another and other times we're not but we're there, we're executing and it feels right.

For all of the times I've tried meditation and visualization techniques, the thought of a movie is working much more effectively than any other. Cannot wait for post-production!

3 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Awesome, Maria! Your running is really kicking some serious butt right now!

Great job :)

Doctor Err said...

i really appreciate all the effort you put into being you. how lovely.
and your visualization is so much more productive than my pretending to slap an ass when sir mix a lot comes on my ipod....
clearly, there needs to be more effort involved in being me...

Sarah said...

Nice job!! Looks like your movie might be up for some Oscar awards :)