Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So fresh and so clean clean

Although I have been training for STG for awhile now, the training seemed almost foreign to me. Not because of the plan I was following as much as how different it was from any other time I've been in training. I just wasn't fully committed. So when I decided to pull out of STG and register for CIM (how's that for a mouthful of acronyms) I felt almost renewed, refreshed and like I was starting over. But it's even better than starting over b/c I do have a base and I'm already on the right path. Anywho, this week has felt good. Although I'm sad to not see Jen and Chris in Utah, it was the right choice for me. I can already feel more of my focus returning and the drive and dedication that I'll need to truly run a strong and successful race come December. I've also been motivated by chatter amongst my RTB teammates and eagerly anticipate seeing which legs I'll be running this year and bettering my times from '08. Thus far this week:

Monday - 9.25 miles w/8 x 30 secs. @5KP in 1:21:18 (8:45/mi). Nice run, cruised up Harlem Hill as if I was on an escalator - quite empowering!

Tuesday - 30 mins. (1512 yds) swimming

Wednesday - 90 mins. yoga, 6 miles running EZ in 60 mins (10:00/mi) + 10 x 8 sec hill sprints. That's the absolute sleaziest I've run in quite awhile and it was JUST what I needed.

Yoga included a ton of shoulder work and some twisting. Lots of stuff like dancer pose...



And bow pose...


acronym legend:
STG = St. George Marathon
CIM = California International Marathon
RTB = Reach the Beach

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love dancer!! One of my favorites!

I also love sleazy recovery runs....10 min/miles are my friends :)

KP said...

nice work this week...especially on the easy run! 10 min miles nice! Working harder this cycle to run the easy stuff truly easy so I can really push those harder workouts.

Doctor Err said...

you rock. just love ya.
i can't run without dancer. and when you do BOW (i totally swear...do you know how frigging long i am????) does your instructor have you breath deep so you rock?