Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The answer is D, all the above

Monday - 6.66 miles running in 54:20 (8:09/mi) with 6 x 1 min. hill sprints. I decided to use Cat Hill in Central Park for the sprints; it's a nice incline with a tiny bit of winding so it feels extra bad-ass to haul up and blow by other folks :) Also had I known I was going to end on 6.66 I would have logged another .10 mile or something.

Tuesday - 30 mins. swimming (1512 yds). Intended to get my progression run in tonight but a nasty widsom teeth induced headache pulled the plug on anything after work. Got to bed early and felt much better for it.

Wednesday - 8 miles running as a progression in 1:08:27. First mile was a warm-up @9:23 and then 8:59, 8:40, 8:30, 8:11, 7:54, 7:29 with the last as a cool down @9:18. Really nice run. Our weather had cooled some and this was the first weekday morning run I'd done in awhile. I need to remember how nice it is being out there before work during the week and do it more often.

Oh and I finally nabbed me a copy of Born to Run and started reading it this week. Loving it already!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice job! I haven't read Born to Run yet, but its on my list. Have you read Once a Runner yet?? Absolutely a great running book!

Dan said...

first, i had no idea you pulled the plug on st george. what a bummer. so what's on the radar now? (you probably posted it - i'm just waaaaay behind).
nice progression run. quickly done!
if i'm here on the weekend of rtb, will you be running the same leg? if so, i may jump in and join you...if you don't mind. lemme know.

Dan said...

ok, i see it now. CIM.

Maria said...

Dan - I hope to run the same legs for RTB so yes! I just don't know for sure yet, cappie is still coming up with the assignments