Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My lack of running

It's not fun. I feel I'm lacking direction, a bit depressed and without a goal. Especially after watching and cheering along the NYC marathon course on Sunday. Ugh. I don't want to come home from work every day, sad and eating way too much smoked cheddar popcorn. I need a plan! Something to keep me motivated and running [a little] while I resolve my left leg issues, something I can look to on a daily basis and feel I'm making progress. I still have plenty of running fitness but will need to work a program up to bring my other systems back to where they were in early summer. This will include time back with weights, more stretching, more swimming, spin classes and better nutrition. Seems that just having decided this feels like a good step in the right direction.

It's also a step in the direction opposite spending money and trying to fill the happiness bucket with material things, like my Rojo cabinet (which arrived today!!!!) Thanks to Jason for sending me pictures of the new arrival and thanks to Dillon for inspecting the cabinet and assuring it was safe for our home.


I can't wait to get home and fill it up with my books, board games and other trinkets. Yay!!!

And after waking early for the opening of our voting location this morning, perhaps ...just perhaps I can make the switch to early morning running and workouts. I haven't died yet from the 5:50 a.m. alarm. ;)

4 comments:

sauconRunner said...

I hear you on the non-running blues.

The cabinet looks fab!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

We're in the same boat. I was bummed to have to take a 2 week break from running (after 2 weeks of virtually no running, so really almost 4 crappy weeks). But I've been focusing on the things I've totally ignored since April - weights, core and cross training. And I actually feel like incorporating them back in is going to be a good thing and improve my running.

So, use your healing time to focus on those other things you mention. Especially the shopping!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are doing everything your body and mind need to get over the last race and prepare for the next challenge (whatever that might be)!

I LOVE the Rojo cabinet.....looks great! Hope Dillan gave it his paw of approval :)

Dan said...

Sometimes our bodies make us take a little downtime, but I hate they way they tell us. Ow!

Hope you get your leg issues worked out. Don't hesitate to post a picture every now and then so we can see your progress. ;>)