Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall is back

Extra extra, read all about it - fall came back to NYC and I got out for a run to celebrate!  

Not sure what the contributing jet stream factors were but for some reason the entire last week was filled with weather that resembled the end of summer more than nearly mid-November.  It was warm, humid and unnatural feeling.   It seems to have blown out yesterday in a day o' fog & rain.   And today is back to fall ...crisp temps, lots of sunshine and just the right amount of wind.  It all begged for a run and so I complied.  

Suited up with the thigh compression sleeve, me and my "pillow of butt" headed for the bridle path.  It was slow, it was not easy going and it was not without pain but it was a run.  And for that I'm grateful.  I'll continue to keep my runs this way for the foreseeable future, eh not that I really have a choice.   It is humbling but I know rebuilding myself and rehabbing this crabby leg is the right thing to do.   Back to the pool tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

KP said...

Deal on helping each other...and I hear ya on the weather. Friday it was almost 70F here, yesterday was maybe 45F and rainy with some sleet.