Monday, November 10, 2008

Breast stroke, side stroke, fancy diving too

Anyone else remember this camp song? You keep singing it over and over again, each time omitting lyrics and replacing them with actions until you've got just a humming, choreographed rendition of the song.

Swimming, swimming (swimming strokes)
In the swimming pool (draw square in front of you)
When days are hot (wipe hand across forehead)
When days are cold (wrap arms around self and shiver)
In the swimming pool (draw square)
Breast stroke (imitate breast-stroke)
Side-stroke (imitate side-stroke)
Fancy diving, too (imitate diving)
Oh don’t you wish you never had (shake finger)
Anything else to do but...

So that's what kept me occupied this morning while swimming laps. That and the feeling that my crappy left leg isn't just my hamstring this time. If it is just my hamstring, I don't want to waste both my and my doctor's time by visiting him again. But if it's not... ugh.

3 comments:

solarpowered said...

I don't know that song you are referring to, but I am impressed you are able to do any sort of mental activity while swimming. All I can do is focus on form, breathing, and counting. :rolleyes: :)

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I can't even swim! Let alone sing and swim.

Get your leg checked out. Even if you waste yours and your doc's time, for peace of mind (or a diagnosis, so you can get on the way to healing).

Dan said...

I don't know what your blog said.
All I can see is that cupcake sitting there staring me down and begging to be eaten with a tall glass of milk...

I agree with Solar on the swimming thing. The only thing going through my mind is 'don't drown!'