Monday, November 15, 2010

Remaining work


It's no secret how much I was looking forward to NYCM and quite equally to the aftermath, which included a heavy nudge on the RESET button.   Now that some precious recovery time has passed since the race, I'm focusing on what I would like to accomplish for the remainder of 2010.   In no particular order:
  • Consistently running 6 days/week, 7 some weeks.  My body likes the consistency & frequency and b/c I run all non-quality work outs at an easy pace, there isn't a big risk for break-down.   Of course this doesn't mean monster mileage right away, I'm still recovering, but shorter running and  running more often.
  • 1 trip to the yoga studio MINIMUM.  Unfortunately I had hoped to also work swimming a day or two into the mix but my pool is closed for maintenance right now and so ideally I'd like this to be 2 visits to the studio each week.
  • Cleaning up my diet.  I got way too lax in what goes in the ole gullet throughout most if not all of the summer and I can feel and see the difference.   Planning evening meals and more regular trips to the grocery store will do wonders here.
  • Somewhat related to the visits to the yoga studio, I need to get back to a strong meditative practice. I lost all, I mean all of my mental game.  In hindsight this is one of the largest reasons why my summer & early fall running sucked so much, I just didn't have my mind in it and at some times, my heart.  
All of these items are completely doable and have been done by me without issue in the past.  I just need to focus my ADD-ridden mind and make the small but necessary changes in my day to day to accomplish each.

4 comments:

Doctor Err said...

i like these goals. i haven't been to yoga for a couple of months due to schedule crap... and boy am i feeling it.

solarpowered said...

I just bought myself a special-deal, $25-for-5-classes card at a new yoga studio. I'm forcing myself to get back into the yoga game for real, too -- instead of just doing my DVD at home when the whim hits.
Here's to the reset button!

Kelly said...

Love that pic of the medal! Your goals sound great and doable, if you ask me! I too would like to up the yoga - I'm more sore than I care to admit from the class I went to on Saturday!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Great goals and I just love your blog.