Monday, November 29, 2010

The darling

Of all the foods I prepared and enjoyed on Thanksgiving, this effortless appetizer reflected what I felt the most:

Simple
Whole foods
Nutritious
Delicious


Meet the lovely, talented and tasty apricot canape

As for everything else, it was good - probably too good.  I'm still feeling the effects of too much food, not enough activity to counter said indulgences and a mind+body slightly off kilter.   Last week was decent running wise, I'm back to building my mileage with a repeat for this week and a similar schedule including yoga tonight and either Wednesday or Sunday.   Sadly I missed the PPTC turkey trot due to an unhappy tummy, highlighting another reason to cut the unnecessary junk and eat what works best for my body.   Last on tap for the coming week is a 10K on Sunday, still coming up with a game plan for that one.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Ohhhh - those do look good. I have to bring an app to a party this weekend and I may try those. They look so easy too!

Theia said...

Do you track your food? I'm asking because of your skipped race due to an unhappy digestive system. More and more things seem to be bothering me lately, so I think it's time to start writing it all down (yawn!) and look for patterns.

Let the healthy eating begin!

saucony running shoes said...

Great post...take some time to watch your diet..