Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And then there were two

This morning I headed out to the shorter 220yd cinder track to tackle the last of my interval workouts.  It was another misty, foggy morning and provided a relaxing atmosphere to finish up my track work this cycle.  I resorted to the shorter track b/c it's closer to home and I didn't need the miles, so round and round and round the cinders I went.   Aside from a gang of vicious looking pigeons that surely wanted to peck my eyes out, it was quiet at the track.  Lots of people walking by with their dogs and runners darting by on the path further up into & out of Riverside park.  It was a nice change in location and perspective from the Riverbank track I'm normally at.  As I chipped away at the 6 laps per 1200 interval I reflected more on my upcoming race.  Stay cool, stay calm, keep it all in perspective.  Morning runs are one of the only times lately where I have the luxury of just me and my own thoughts.  Work is insane, crazy intense and all encompassing.  Which is good and bad.  Good b/c it gives me zero opportunity to stress over the race and the weather and other things I can and cannot control at this point but bad b/c I'm completely exhausted upon leaving the office.  And my mind just doesn't shut off from that subject matter so easily.  Whatever the case, I'm here - left with just two runs before marathon Saturday. 

Both runs will be pure joy and run with some of my most favorite people!  Tomorrow I'm slated for a meet up with my favorite NYC running girls - Missy, Bella and the baby mango (although she's probably a different fruit/veggie this week) and then Friday will be a shake-out with Lora and maybe Cindi. 

4 sleeps to go!

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I'm gonna do my run before my flight Friday, so you guys do your run without me.

Can't wait!

Mindi said...

Woo hoo!! Go Maria, Cindi and Lora!! I am so excited for you all!

Haha. My word verification is "wootinoid" - I feel like a bit of wootinoid right now for you 3! :)

Space said...

go get'em, tiger.

you're rocking this mareeeea. i'm in awe. and - i'm so proud of you!