Monday, January 25, 2010

It was a doozy

As suspected, last week was a whirlwind. Monday night after work I flew out to Austin for 3 days of jam packed meetings and while it was quite stressful in spots, we got through a lot of material and ended up very productive. The trip also gave me the chance to check out Austin more and try out some of the most excellent trails they have downtown along the water. So even if I do end up traveling back for more work stuffs I'll have that going for me. Gotta keep this project in perspective and stay positive as it has some major weight associated with it and can get unruly real quick like. I do like the feel of Austin, it's like a Colorado city stuck in Texas. The weather is sweet, the eats are good and the attitudes are relaxed and everything feels very outdoorsy. I can get behind that for sure!

Thursday night I traveled back to NYC and kicked off "The Great 12 Hour Turnaround". In the period of 12 hours I cabbed it home from JFK, unpacked, repacked, slept, ran my 17 mile LR and cabbed it to LGA. Friday was a work day off and I was heading out to hang with my girls in Kansas City. It was worth every bit of anxiety. What a fabulous weekend! These are girls I could have fun with in a cardboard box; they're genuine, funny and real. We have a large amount of history together and that helps too. They feel like home to me; perfect way to end a long week!!

It didn't hurt that I was able to get all my running in as well and continue to feel like a rock with regards to my training. Another week ending in 60 miles and all I want to do is run more, More, MORE!!! Today kicked off the last week in phase 1 for Illinois training, just one more workout of hill repeats and I cut the mileage a bit and add in intervals. Wheeee, cannot wait!

How is everyone's training going? Several of my siblings are also in the midst of training for various spring races, it's awesome to compare notes and see how everyone is feeling. Conga-rats to little bro for logging yet another PR in the HM!!

5 comments:

solarpowered said...

Awesome that you were able to have such a full week and still get all your running done feeling good. Woot!

Theia said...

You are my fitness hero!!! So glad you had productive and fun trips.

Doctor Err said...

so so so so awesome.
i'm concentrating on crossfit and krav more now. hoping to slip in yoga next week and running (SLOWLY) after. here. i come. spring.
and ps come eat with me.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That is so crazy, what you accomplished in the week and especially in your 12 hour turn around! You couldn't have gotten very much sleep!

You have been SO dedicated to your training this time around. Very inspiring.

Maria said...

Thanks all! I'm in a magical period right now and savoring every second of it. I cannot recall the last time I loved running THIS much.