Saturday, January 16, 2010

A dip in the week

Was feeling majorly overwhelmed with work this past week. After flipping out about launching a couple products and gearing up for a trip to Austin next week to tackle another big one, I tried to figure out why I was letting this all "run me" like it was. The stress about the product launches was undoubtedly related to the amount of effort and time I had sunk into the project and the chaos surrounding some of my team. The trip to Austin, however, was another story. I took a step back and assessed. Yes, it'll be hectic. Yes, I'll need to adjust a few things in the coming week. Yes, it'll probably be this way for awhile longer. Yes, the timing of this trip and project aren't ideal. But none of that will be more than an inconvenience if I choose to keep it all in perspective. I'm alive, I'm having more fun running than ever. I'm going to see a bunch of my close STL friends in less than a week and so much more. I took a deep breathe and read over a piece of art I recently purchased. Chill.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I love it too!

I know what you mean - it is overwhelming sometimes trying to juggle everything. You'll get through the busy time. And if you don't get every single run in, no worries. You have been training so hard that you probably could use a little step back week anyway.

Sarah said...

Wait....all that and you still hit 60 miles for the week??? You go girl!!

Space said...

i get it - chaos for too long isn't conducive to your being able to put forth your best efforts in everything, right? but. don't wait to get there - you're already doing it... you're rocking your life.

discomfort is temporary and your respite is just around the corner. breathe. =)

Doctor Err said...

i get it. make a list, think one day at a time... and kick ass. :) life is wonderful, huh?

Mindi said...

I hear you! Love it. Hope you are loving warm Austin.