Friday, April 15, 2011

Back to the roots

I do experience plenty of happiness in my day-to-day, along with a ton of frustration and anger, but hey that's not what this post [or blog, for the most part] is about.  I need to remind myself of this often, especially on those days/weeks/months where it seems all is the suck.   The little things that have made me happy today:

  • Friday bridges run with Elyssa, Eissa and guest runner, Susan!   These runs make for a fantastic start to any day but especially Fridays.
  • After this morning's run and before boarding a train back uptown, I found the cutest coffee shop along Chambers St.    Thanks for the great tasting java, Blue Spoon Coffee Company!
  • Everyone clogging up the subway platform this morning were all awaiting either a B or D train.  My A train pulled up, the seas parted, I boarded easily and got a seat 
  • Cadman Plaza in spring time is a gorgeous sight.  I pass it every week day twice, while walking between the subway and my office.  On downtown bridge route running days I pass it thrice!

  •  I had one last packet of Justin's almond butter to enjoy with an apple [thereby canceling out the zesty ranch potato chips]
  •  I'm closing bugs left and right in QA for a big project my team has been working on tirelessly .  Geeky moment!
  • A few choice finisher shots from last week's STL Marathon Relay

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Lots of good stuff here!

Love the finisher photos.

Doctor Err said...

I just love who you are.

Joe said...

Mmmm...Justin's! Those packets helped power me and Kris when we went through NorCal and Oregon last year.

Great pics, and just nice to read some of the good things in life :)

Theia said...

I'm impressed that you managed to get the word thrice into a blog post! :)

Sarah said...

I love Blue Spoon Coffee! I used to go to high school right by there. I'm away at college now, but hearing about it makes me miss NY.