Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finding your happy place

Often a happy place is in one's mind, perhaps a memory that conjures up positive energy and good times.  I have those happy places too but I also have a physical location for my happiness and gratitude and positive energy.

If you didn't know to look for it, you might just pass it up.   After surfacing from the subway, head East



















Don't let the seemingly "closed for the day" vibe of the surrounding businesses fool you


















The door is never locked, the creaky stairs await you.


















Warm up to warm up, climb 3 flights of this walk-up ...but don't rest here, it's just the bathroom



















The hues indicate something welcoming inside but that's just the surface. 



















My happy place  ...where or what is yours?

3 comments:

Christine said...

i can't see the last pic!!!!!

TEASE!!!!!

:)

my happy place is probably anywhere where bella and J are at. i think our times spent together is so limited and precious that it doesn't matter where we're at.. as long as we're all together. bonus if we're outside on a walk or sitting by the side walk with ice cream cones or cupcakes!

missy

solarpowered said...

Man, I wish I could find a good yoga place again. The one I used to go to moved and then switched up the classes. GRR.

Theia said...

My happy place is the beach. The soothing sound of the water lapping on the shore, the feel of the sand squishing between my toes, the caws of seagulls above, the laughter of children. Bliss, all of it.