Friday, June 27, 2008

Instant childhood flashback, just add marker



Earlier this week I attended a two day class, for work, entitled Determining Business Requirements. It was a useful class and a good experience but what really made the event for me was a bit of childhood nostalgia. The instructor handed out markers so that we could write our names on large placards, visible to everyone else in the class. The markers were Mr. Sketch and the memories came flooding into my mind.

You see every year at Christmas time my Aunt Jane gave us a new set of these scented goodies and a fresh sketch pad. I remember the smells so distinctly and even the small screech each marker made as you pulled it out of it's styrofoam cradle-like packaging. It's hard to say which fragrance/color is/was my favorite... black licorice? red wild cherry? blue blueberry? Even the brown cinnamon and yellow lemon have their place in my memory.

2 comments:

Fenian R. Menian said...

"I remember...even the small screech each marker made as you pulled it out of it's styrofoam cradle-like packaging"
Yes! Me too!

This post made me smile. We used Mr Sketch markers in art class in elementary school.

sauconRunner said...

black licorice was definitely my favorite!