Monday, May 2, 2011

I really Jean-Paul'ed that one


Spring into early summer line-up fails:  1
Maria:  0

Waking up in a panic with some vague recollection that the snooze button has been depressed, perhaps a number of times, is no way to wake up race morning.   Also, waking up a good 80+ miles from the start line without the required number of minutes between the present time and gun time to travel to said start line, is no way to wake up race morning.

Needless to say I didn't run in Philadelphia yesterday, I missed a great day of running and what looked like superb conditions for the Broad Street Run.   I also spent a nice chunk of cash on race registration and renting a Zipcar for a day I spent in and very near my apartment. 

I = loser

7 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Oh man, that stinks! I'm sorry.

I'm crazy nuts about alarms before races...it seriously drives Matt batty.

I set my iPhone alarm, my nightstand alarm and then my watch, too.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Gah! That sucks. I usually am so crazy that I wake up on my own before my alarm even goes off on race day!

solarpowered said...

You=not a loser.

It wasn't a goal race. It wasn't a new race to you.

Yes, I missed having you there, and yes, it stinks you missed it. BUT, it is one race, one day.

Let it go and move on to the next. I'll get your shirt and stuff in the mail to you asap :)

Theia said...

You are not a loser! Everyone has slept through an alarm at some point in their life. It happens.

Consider it a charitable donation and kick some butt in the 10K in a few weeks!

Mindi said...

You effing SUCK!

Just kidding of course.

You'll rock the next one. :)

Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) said...

I'm a little late on this comment, but I have totally slept in/missed the start of races before. It sucks, but at least Broad Street big focus race like a marathon!! True story - I had nightmares about sleeping through my alarm the morning of the NYC marathon.

Also, I just signed up for the Fairfield Half yesterday - I'm pumped to see you're doing it too!!

Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) said...

* but at least Broad Street was not a big focus race like a marathon!!

clearly, i should look over my comments before hitting submit.